Yoga practitioners who pay for classes are entitled to qualified instructors.
Students of yoga are vulnerable; their physical and mental wellbeing is in the hands of the instructor.
Therefore, students who want to develop a sustainable, therapeutic and progressive practice must seriously consider the qualifications and experience of the instructor who guides them.
At minimum, yoga students should expect the following of their instructors:
- Instructor Certification from in an established training with anatomy, CPR/first-aid and teaching internship.
- Consistent personal practice.
- Continuing education and training.
- Knows the postures, the system and history of what they teach.
- Knows anatomy and proper alignment.
- Understands your limitations or strengths and modifies accordingly.
- Ability to modify or intensify the class as needed for all students.
- Teaches from knowledge and experience, not memorized instructions.
- Compassion and concern for all students.
- Healthy, happy and inspiring as an instructor, practitioner and person.